Senior Software Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo is seeking a senior software engineer with experience in developing and integrating application products into a DoD environment. Cabrillo is looking for a candidate to develop future capabilities for the CANES system by delivering integrated software solutions through tools or scripting, including virtualization, cloud technologies, data storage, and other future technologies, to deliver a technology program.
The position requires expertise in complex networking systems, integration, product selection, testing and fielding, as well as demonstrated experience in servers, storage, virtualization, Software and networking technologies. The candidate will be required to:
- Support existing teams in developing, modifying, or reviewing current systems designs to meet new requirements
- Develop or update technical documentation and design briefings
The person in this position will work directly with senior level government engineers and managers, functional teams, and other contractors in the development of a networking design through all phases of development. He or she will participate in reviews, test events and installations; minor travel may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop scripts using PowerShell
- Experience developing software solutions in a virtualized environment
- Comfortable briefing senior leadership in formal and informal settings
- Proficient in engineering processes
- CSWF Certification (MS Server, MS Windows 10, VCP, etc.)
- Excellent written communication skills at military and government levels
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel
- Ability to develop engineering design documentation
- Ability to update and create engineering documents
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Current active DOD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology/Information Systems) plus 6 years’ experience, or 8 years relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Must have software engineering experience supporting the Navy
- Must have demonstrable experience in designing and upgrading servers, storage and virtualized networks
- 4 years engineering experience support SPAWAR C4I programs
- 4 years of recent US Naval support experience
- Demonstrated expertise in software integration
- Demonstrated Technical expertise in System Engineering Processes
- Experience in PMW 160 Programs with an emphasis on systems design
- Requirements traceability, process improvement and CM experience
- Experience in afloat network design including legacy and CANES
- Experience in developing and tracking software requirements and providing detailed analysis of new technologies
- Experience in working with diverse groups including active duty military, government civilians and other contractor staff
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time