Senior Systems Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo is seeking a senior system engineer with experience in SPAWAR C4I and PMW 160 systems and processes. Program expertise in networking systems, integration, production, and fielding is required. This position requires demonstrated experience in servers, storage, virtualization, software, and networking technologies. The successful candidate will support existing teams in developing, modifying, or reviewing current systems designs to meet new requirements. He or she will be required to develop or update technical documentation and design briefings. He or she will work directly with senior level government engineers and managers, functional teams, and other contractors in the development of a networking design through all phases of development. Will participate in reviews, test events and installations; minor travel may be required.
- Must have systems engineering experience supporting the Navy
- Must have demonstrable experience in designing and upgrading servers, storage, and virtualized networks
- Must be comfortable briefing senior leadership in formal and informal settings
- Must be able to develop engineering design documentation
- Must be able to update and create engineering documents and drawings
- Must be able to review training and user guides for updates as required
- Must be able to review installation documentation.
- Must be proficient in engineering processes
Minimum 4 years engineering experience support SPAWAR C4I programs and processes including engineering, development and integration
- Technical expertise in System Engineering Processes
- PMW 160 Programs with an emphasis on systems design development
- Working with and managing a diverse group of technical and programmatic support including other contractors or government staff
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- CSWF Certification (MS Server 12, MS Windows 10, CCNA, etc.)
- Excellent written communication skills for military and government customers
- Strong organizational and engineering skills
- Requirements traceability, process improvement and CM experience
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology/Information Systems) plus 6 years’ experience, or 6 years relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 4 years of recent US Naval support experience
- Afloat network design, including legacy and CANES
- Developing and tracking networking requirements, and providing detailed analysis of new technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time