Senior Systems Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo is seeking a senior system engineer with experience in NAVWAR C4I, PMW 160 and commercial systems in the requirement, specification, design, fielding and upgrade processes for fielding a complex system following Agile processes. Candidate must have model-based systems engineering expertise in developing architecture and models for all phases of the system design and operations. Expertise in MBSE, architecture design, UML and other tools to develop repeatable and scalable solutions for networking systems. Candidate must have systems integration, production, and fielding experience. This position requires expertise in servers, storage, virtualization, software, and networking technologies. The successful candidate will support existing teams in developing, modifying, or reviewing current systems designs to develop and field new technologies for future requirements. He or she will be required to develop or update technical documentation and design briefings. Candidate will work directly with senior level government engineers and managers, functional teams, and other contractors in the development of a system design through all phases of development.
- Must have systems engineering experience in developing requirements, specifications, systems evaluations and technical design for large scale systems
- Must have demonstrable experience in designing and upgrading servers, storage, and virtualized networks
- Must be comfortable briefing senior leadership in formal and informal settings
- Must be able to develop engineering design documentation
- Must be able to review, update and advise teams on the creation of support documentation
- Must have experience in programming, scripting, requirements, specification and other program development
Minimum 15 years system engineering experience in support of large DoD and commercial programs and processes including engineering, development and integration
- Technical expertise in Model Based System Engineering Processes
- PMW 160 Programs with an emphasis on systems design development
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Scientific Discipline. Master’s degree in systems engineering, Architecture or Electrical Engineering desirable
- Experience managing and working with a diverse group of technical and programmatic support including other contractors or government staff
- Experience in managing and training junior personnel
- Excellent written communication skills for military and government customers
- Requirements traceability, process improvement and CM experience
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology/Information Systems) plus 6 years’ experience, or 6 years relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 4 years of recent US Naval support experience
- Afloat network design, including legacy and CANES
- Developing and tracking networking requirements, and providing detailed analysis of new technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time