McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer to support U.S. Navy Machinery Control System (MCS) software programs and projects. Responsibilities of the candidate may include:
- Development and maintenance of MCS software for U.S. Navy ship programs
- Design, develop, test, install, and maintain MCS software and supporting software products
- Support each aspect of the software life cycle including but not limited to requirements definition, software development, documentation, testing, deployment, support and maintenance.
- Work with Microsoft Visual Studio and version control (Git)
- Identify and document software and system related problems
- Resolve software problems through debugging, research, and investigation
- Provide distance and onsite support of software problems
- Prepare and maintain new and/or existing software requirements
- Write, review, and maintain technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training materials
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience in software development in engineering and/or control systems. Looking for mid-level candidates with 2-5 years and/or senor level with 5-10 years of experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience using Microsoft Visual Studio to Develop/Maintain, compile, and debug source code for .NET Framework projects in C++/CLI, Managed C++, or C#.
- Experience leading a software project through the software life cycle, including the writing, reviewing, and maintaining new or existing software requirements, generating technical documentation regarding software, designing and analyzing software architectures, software configuration management, software implementation, product deployment, and planning and executing software maintenance activities.
- Experience, familiarity with and/or capability to Develop/Maintain, compile, and debug source code in Ada is a plus
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting networked, IP-based systems is a plus
- Experience with databases (MS Access, SQL)
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Knowledge and familiarity of network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time