McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
As Software Developer / Engineer, you will assist with the design, development, testing, and integration of software to satisfy system/subsystems functional requirements for new and existing applications.
- Provide software engineering support for Fleet issues
- Software development in an Agile environment
- Address software defects and change requests
- Develop technical reports and documentation
- Adherence to Information Assurance standards
- Unit test and integration documentation development and execution
- Support configuration management processes
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Analyze, specify, design, develop, code, test, integrate and document software test modules, systems, and subsystems to provide new functional capabilities and improve existing systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
- 2 to 5 Years of experience
- Proficient in one or more high-level programming languages: Python, C#, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Must be comfortable working in Linux environments.
- Must work well in teams and independently to solve complex technical problems.
- Travel up to 25% of the time.
- Windows and Linux administration
- Knowledge of information security principles
- Experience programming in an Agile environment
- Previous experience in the following skills is a plus: IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing, Secure coding practices, ethical hacking and threat modeling, TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching, DLP, anti-virus and anti-malware, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time