McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking a Software Engineer to support the development, maintenance, and delivery of Machinery Control System (MCS) Training software. The selected candidate will be interfacing with U.S. Navy civilian software and systems engineers, support contractors, U.S. Navy ships force, OEMs, and engineering management. The selected candidate will contribute to all aspects of the software life cycle including, but not limited to, requirements definition, software development, documentation, testing, deployment, technical support, and maintenance. Duties may include:
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the Machinery Control System (MCS) Training Software
- Design, develop, test, install, and maintain MCS Training software and supporting software products
- Work with MATLAB, Simulink, Simulink Coder (Real-Time Workshop), Microsoft Visual Studio, and Git version control
- Identify and document software and system related problems
- Resolve software problems through debugging, research, and investigation
- Provide distance and onsite support of software problems
- Prepare and maintain new and/or existing software requirements
- Write, review, and maintain technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training materials
- Participate in special projects as required
Basic knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
Must have an active DoD Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
Possible travel at times up to 5-10%
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
Two (2) or more years of professional experience in software development in engineering and/or control systems using C++.
Experience developing and maintain functional models using Simulink is desired.
Experience using MATLAB, Simulink, and Simulink Coder (Real-Time Workshop) to generate C/C++ source code is desired.
Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop, compile, and debug source code in C++ is desired.
Experience designing, developing, testing, and installing software and supporting software products.
Experience writing, reviewing, and maintaining technical documentation such as, but not limited to, new or existing software requirements, user manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
Experience supporting and troubleshooting networked, IP-based systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time