Sr. Database Analyst
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Sr. Database Analyst will support the Navy Aviation Enterprise (NAE) serving as a Team Lead supporting the Data Management Team. The Team Lead shall be responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and troubleshooting software programs to include desktop applications and computer based Information Technology IT systems.
Some of the duties will include:
- Designing, developing, modifying, and troubleshooting databases and programs
- Correcting database and program errors using methods which include modifying program or altering sequence of program steps
- Analyzing, reviewing, and/or rewriting databases or programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements to include web hosting of metrics; compile and write documentation for database and program development and subsequent revisions;
- Training users to use databases or programs
- Compiling and writing documentation of program development and subsequent revisions
- Training operators to use programs
Candidates should be able to manipulate Access and Excel using Visual Basic, not the more advanced programming languages. Programming is focused on computational functions vs admin functions.
- A minimum of six (6) years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Experience doing computational functions and development in MS Access
- Working knowledge of Naval Aviation manpower, maintenance, and supply processes and their data systems (i.e., NAMP, P-485, OOMA/DECKPLATE, AMSRR, RSUPPLY, AFAST, ACES, TFMMS, SHARP/MSHARP, PSILS, and ASM).
- Intermediate knowledge level of currently-used applications and programming languages (i.e., EXCEL, ACCESS, and VBA) and intermediate programming skill and ability in SQL based languages.
- Experience in Data Analytics and the use of SharePoint desired.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Additional experience desired:
- Excellent understanding of relational database design and development and strong SQL development skills.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC and demonstrated experience in requirements analysis, development and testing.
- Familiarity with Tableau or other Data Analytics display tools.
- Strong understanding of data visualization:
- Be able to create visualizations and reports
- Write, interpret, and optimize complex queries working with large sets of data
- Develop documentation for all charts and dashboards using multiple data sources.
- Design and implement analytics and reporting including but not limited to dynamic reports, dashboards, drill downs, visualizations, etc.
Candidate must have an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain a CAC.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time