McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide Operation & Maintenance (O&M) support to Windows (2012 or later) servers used at NSWC Dahlgren Division. O&M support includes patch management, information assurance/security, Storage Area Network (SAN) management, and data backup solutions for the Research Development Testing and Evaluation (RDT&E) network and support for Windows Active Directory.
- Provides engineering support for initiatives including, but not limited to, VMware, IBM Endpoint Manager, Splunk, and NetApp enterprise storage system.
- Responsible for the configuration and maintenance of domain backup solutions using Symantec NetBackup.
- Administers and maintains endpoint solutions on supported RDT&E networks. Develops, maintains and deploys automated Windows 2012 R2/2016 Server and Windows 7/10 client builds. Assists with Windows server migration.
- Provides O&M support for various Department transition initiatives to Corporate Services.
- Provides Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for designs and implementation strategies of new hardware and software deployments.
- Addresses requirements for maintaining system security as defined by the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) package.
- Works with the Help Desk in addition to direct customer liaison to resolve customer problems.
- Demonstrated ability to produce system specifications, design requirements, test evaluation planning documents, and technical publications and reports.
- Strong understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
- Experienced in Windows Active Directory infrastructure administration to include Group Policy Objects management.
- Understanding of SAN fundamentals to include but not limited to virtual machine and LUN provisioning, snapshots, and zoning.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task complex projects.
- Experience with Citrix, NetApp FAS series storage array, Splunk, IBM Endpoint Manager, VMware ESXi server 5.5 and vCenter Operations Manager desired.
- Scripting knowledge (Powershell, PowerCLI or another language) desired.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) networking and security accreditation requirements such as Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) desired.
- Familiarity with Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) desired.
DOD 8570 IAT level II certification is required (i.e., CompTIA Security+ce).
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Final Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location..
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time