McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking a machinery controls system engineer. The main function of the candidate will be to provide lifecycle support of fielded Machinery Control Systems (MCS) onboard US Navy ships. This includes shipboard and test site support.
Lifecycle support of the supervisory machinery control system which includes, but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting complex problems of all variants of fielded systems (microprocessor based control systems) both at test sites and shipboard
- Review of technical documentation related to all variants of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide test support for all variants of fielded systems at test site
- Provide shipboard software & hardware installation support of all variants of fielded systems at test site
- Provide technical input to the design of future MCS systems
- Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required
0-5 years of experience in electrical engineering or computer engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Candidate must have an active Secret clearance, or be clearable
Up to 25% travel
Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with industrial control systems
Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with industrial control systems
Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with industrial control system troubleshooting
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
Basic Technical writing ability
Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
Experience with Versa Module Eurocard (VME) systems is a plus
Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems is a plus
Knowledge of Navy programs, organizations, functions, and responsibilities is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time