Systems Engineer - Machinery Control Systems
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
This position is for a machinery controls system engineer. The main function of the candidate will be to provide lifecycle support of fielded Machinery Control Systems (MCS) onboard US Navy Ships. This includes shipboard support as well as Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) support. Lifecycle support of the supervisory MCS which includes, but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting complex problems of all variants of fielded systems (microprocessor based control systems) both at LBES and shipboard
- Review of technical documentation related to all variants of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide test support for all variants of fielded systems at LBES
- Provide shipboard SW & HW installation support of all variants of fielded systems at LBES
- Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems
- Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with industrial control systems
- Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
- Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with industrial control systems
- Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with industrial control system troubleshooting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
- Basic Technical writing ability
- Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
- Up to 20% Travel
- Candidates should have a Secret Clearance or at least must be clearable up to a DoD Secret
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, System or Computer Engineering is required; no equivalencies or experience substitutions will be considered.
- 1-3 years of experience in engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time