Systems Engineer - Machinery Control Systems
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is looking to hire a Machinery Controls System Engineer. The main function of the candidate will be to provide lifecycle support of fielded Machinery Control Systems (MCS) on the USS ARLEIGH BURKE class of destroyer. This includes shipboard support as well as Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) support. The USS ARLEIGH BURKE MCS is comprised of four (4) different variants spanning various technologies.
Lifecycle support of the supervisory machinery control system which includes, but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting complex problems of all variants of fielded systems (microprocessor based control systems) both at LBES and shipboard
- Review of technical documentation related to all variants of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide test support for all variants of fielded systems at LBES
- Provide shipboard SW & HW installation support of all variants of fielded systems at LBES
- Provide technical input to the design of future MCS systems
- Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
- Up to 25% travel
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with electrical or computer engineering in relation to control systems
- Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
- Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with electrical/computer engineering
- Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with electrical/computer system troubleshooting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
- Basic Technical writing ability
- Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Versa Module Eurocard (VME) systems
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems
This position requires the candidate to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required; no equivalencies or experience substitutions will be considered.
- 0-3 years of experience in electrical or computer engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time