Team Manager - Cyber
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
**This position is eligible for a signing bonus and relocation assistance.**
McKean Defense is seeking a Manager to lead U.S. Navy Cybersecurity projects and personnel. Responsibilities include personnel management and project coordination. Personnel management duties include performance management, professional development, hiring, and timesheet/expense approval. Project coordination duties include requirements/scope development, resource management, deliverable reviews, and acting as customer interface. Candidate will also provide direct technical support to Navy customer projects in addition to management duties.
The Team Manager will perform the following tasks:
- Management of day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Identification of needed resources and assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Effective application of company methodology and enforcement of project standards.
- Minimization of our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensuring project documents and deliverables are complete and current.
- Identifying areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Assist in efforts to capture new work
Project Team Development:
- Writes and conducts effective performance reviews and mentors those with less experience.
- Helps team execute career development plans.
- Review and approval of project team timesheets and expense authorizations/reports.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization, and objectives.
- Develop a general understanding of the work performed for the clients supported by the project team.
- Develop a solid understanding of McKean capabilities.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to lead and mentor a small team of cybersecurity/IA professionals
Ability to communicate technical requirements
Understanding of schedule management and resource allocation; ability to manage/track project budgets
Understanding and experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
CompTIA Sec+ certification required. CISSP, CEH and other related certifications a plus.
Candidate must have active Secret clearance
Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related IT/IA field. Master's degree a plus.
5+ years professional work experience
Prior experience managing technical projects and/or personnel preferred
Knowledge of Navy programs, organizations, functions and responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time