McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean looks for interns in engineering, computer science, IT, and other technical disciplines. Internships, when they are available, may be full or part-time. Assignments may include some combination of the following:
- Provide direct support to the assigned program manager.
- Assist higher level engineers with engineering tasks, and project management tasks for assigned projects/alts Review and analysis of financials.
- Other administrative duties including meeting support and technical coordination.
- Provide engineering support for shipboard Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems such as propulsion, power generation and distribution, auxiliary systems, machinery controls, and instrumentation.
- Support project planning and execution efforts for research development, investigations, analysis, and testing.
- Computer engineering and/or IT related duties.
- Engineering or Technical Major (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer Science, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense Group is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Internship