Technical Manual and Integrated Logistics Developer
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean Defense Group is seeking candidates with experience working directly on Navy Logistics and Tech Manuals. This position will provide direct support. Facilitate the development and the integration of the supporting ILS Documentation for the Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) Systems and Equipment installed across the US Navy. Additional duties may include the following:
-Provide Technical Documentation using Microsoft Word, Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML), or eXtensible Markup Language (XML) processing applications
-Graphics are developed using AutoCAD and commercial publishing applications.
-Familiar with HTML/XML Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) from the SGML/XML source data
- Provide direct support to the assigned Government Program Manager.
- Assist in the integration of the supporting ILS Documentation for all HM&E Systems and Equipment.
- Update Technical Manuals
- CD burning/printing
-Highly motivated and organized
- Ability to complete high pressure tasking with short deadlines
- Familiar with Navy Logistics and Tech Manuals for HM&E Systems and Equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must have active Secret clearance
- Ability to work independently as required
- Experience with Government Data Bases (SGML, ITEM, Web Contenta, etc..)
- 2-5 years experience and working knowledge with shipboard HM&E Systems and Equipment
- 2-5 years experience and working knowledge of the Tech Manual process in support of shipboard HM&E Systems and Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time