Training Instructor Gas Turbine
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean Defense Group is currently seeking a motivated individual to fill a position as a subject matter expert in the area of U.S. Navy surface fleet maintenance policies and procedures for Hull, Mechanical, & Electrical (HM&E) systems. The position is based in Philadelphia, PA in support of the United States Navy’s efforts to improve training. The ideal candidate brings a passion for improving the lives of deck plate sailors through improved maintenance procedures and policies and an understanding of the Navy’s operating environment and strategic priorities is necessary to succeed in this position.
- Review specifications, technical manuals, and other technical documentation that relate to HM&E systems.
- Support project planning and execution efforts for technical documentation research, development, and analyses.
- Apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) concepts in maintenance requirement analysis.
- Review maintenance documentation for clarity, conformity, and proper structure according to the Navy’s most recent guidelines.
- Facilitate effective government and industry team relationships.
- Facilitate and participate in project team meetings and discussions to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be familiar with LBES/Modernization training and system level training for in-service and new construction ships.
- Conduct classroom training and lab training and hot plant operations at LBES
- Develop End of Mission reports, which provides comments on success of the classes, participation by the crew, adequacy of curriculum and equipment
- Provide direct support to the assigned program technical manager.
- Must be able to develop productive relationships and interface with the fleet, waterfront supporting organizations, NAVSEA and field activities.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) are required.
- Must be familiar with U.S. Navy 3M policies and procedures.
- Experience in various formalized Navy training environments. Delivering Training material, administering tests, evaluating performance, and performing curriculum maintenance to meet formalized training requirements.
- Understanding of EOSS, EOCC, and the role they play in engineering plants on DDG and/or CG class ships.
- ETT experience a plus.
- Expertise/Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must have an active SECRET security clearance.
- An understanding of U.S. Navy engineering plants, policies, and procedures is critical to succeeding in this position.
- Prior active duty Navy experience is highly desirable.
- An EOOW letter on a CG and/or DDG class ships.
- Engineering rate instructor with 9502 NEC, preferably GSM/GSE.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time