VTC & A/V Support Technician
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
Provide Video Teleconferencing (VTC) and Audiovisual (A/V) support to Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) to meet daily operational requirements. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Set up the equipment and the VTC bridge for VTC sessions.
- Establish the connection to the remote site or sites.
- Operate VTC and A/V equipment (monitors, speakers, cameras, and microphones).
- Monitor meetings to completion and take actions as necessary to maintain connectivity.
- Set up and tear down equipment in the conference rooms; portable audio system, arrange tables, chairs, easels, etc. to meet the user’s requirements.
- Support installation and configuration of new VTC and A/V hardware and the reconfiguration of existing hardware.
Experience with the following:
- VTC and A/V equipment from multiple manufacturers.
- Complying with industry standards.
- Wide Area Networks (WAN) technologies as they apply to VTC operations.
- Developing and implementing communication tools for use between remote sites.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- PC operations and technology
Two (2) years of experience with VTC and A/V equipment and operations.
- CISCO Video Network Specialist certification is a plus.
Active DoD Secret Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Status: Full Time